(English version below)
E’ uscito oggi il mio primo articolo su Honest Cooking, un e-zine che è destinato a mio parere a lasciare il segno nel panorama dell’enogastronomia online. Qui di seguito aggiungo la versione in Inglese di questa semplice ricetta di stagione per i miei lettori d’Oltralpe.
Chicken, Fennel and Pomegranate Salad.
Brief nutritional note:
- Fennel – a vegetable with nearly no calories (9 calories per 100 grams) – stimulates gastric juices helping digestion – diuretic, vermifuge, tonic and fortifying. However, its high sodium content should be noted in case of hypertension.
- Pomegranate – contains a significant amount of flavonoids, antioxidants that protect the heart and arteries, which can fight cancer cells;
- Szechuan pepper – used in China since thousands of years for its anti-itching and pain relieving action on the skin, but also for its action against intestinal spasms and tooth pain.
Ingredients (serves 4 to 6):
- ½ chicken breast, steamed and chopped
- 1 fennel
- ½ pomegranate grainy
- juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons of oil from olives EVO
- 1-2 teaspoons of Szechuan pepper
- Make a vinaigrette emulsifying the oil with the lemon juice and salt.
- Finely slice the fennel tossing it immediately with the vinaigrette to prevent oxidation.
- Add the chicken (*) and the pomegranate and mix well. Finally sprinkle with the Szechuan pepper.
(*) For salads I like cooking chicken by steaming it on a bed of fresh herbs and slices of lemon. Leftover roast chicken can be equally used in this dish.